Mark is a principal in the firm's Tax division and has over 27 years of public accounting experience including 14 at big four firms and 12 as tax partner for a Top 25 regional firm. His wide-ranging expertise includes taxation of C corporations, S corporations and LLCs /partnerships and extensive experience with tax accounting methods and with the tax implications of mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations. In addition, his expertise includes multi-state taxation, consolidated returns and international taxation. Over Mark’s career, he has primarily served manufacturing and distribution industry clients, but he also has considerable experience serving financial institution and insurance provider clients. Mark was Director of Tax for Susquehanna Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:SUSQ) from February 2014 to January 2016, prior to returning to public accounting with the Bonadio Group.
Mark’s expertise in complex technical and emerging tax issues is frequently requested for tax planning workshops and tax education seminars. In addition, he has authored and co-authored tax articles published in the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ monthly Tax Adviser magazine.
Licenses / Certifications
• Certified Public Accountant, Michigan
• Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania
• Certified Public Accountant, Wisconsin
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Federal Taxation Committee
• Pennsylvania Bankers Association, Government Relations Committee-Tax Advisory Group
• Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
• BBA-Accounting, University of Wisconsin
• MS-Taxation, University of Wisconsin