Business owners need planned, controlled strategies to both exit their businesses and pass the torch. We know how important it is to a business owner to smoothly transition his/her ownership, preserve the legacy of their business, and at the same time take care of their company, family, and employees. That’s why our ValuQuest team works closely with the owner, offering step-by-step support that is needed throughout the transition process.
Even the most successful business owners need to address critical issues when it comes to transitioning businesses to their children, partners, or new owners.
- Minimize the time required for this complex task
- Allow you to stay focused on your business
- Make sure it is ready for an efficient/smooth transfer in the future
- Present you with a variety of options that are designed with your goals in mind
- Coach you in how the process will or can evolve
- Meet with the family, the management team, or both, providing explanation, education, and guidance today, and for years to come
We will help you develop and execute a plan that:
- Properly values your company so you don’t leave hard-earned wealth on the table
- Minimizes taxes
- Maintains control over the process by being proactive, rather than reactive
- Enables you to control how and when you leave
- Ensures that you achieve your business and personal goals
- Has strategic options from which to choose in order to reduce uncertainty for your family and employees
Transaction Advisory Services - full-scope consulting and support for mergers and acquisitions, as well as corporate-transaction services aimed at maximizing and protecting shareholder value.
Sale Efforts - Provided valuation consulting services to a large regional home furnishings wholesaler for potential sale purposes to a large multi-regional home furnishings chain.
Succession/Exit Planning - Provided valuation and succession consulting services to the sole shareholder of a major multi-national equipment manufacturer in the textile industry.
Brotherly Settlement - Assisted a family in dividing family assets equitably between three brothers with various talents and business involvement. Ultimately preserving the business and the family.
To Sell or Not to Sell? - Assisted the 100% owner of a general insurance agency decide when was the “right” time to sell the agency based on age, financial security concerns, and personal lifestyle objectives.
Business Continuation - Assisted various physicians find answers to short- and long-term business continuation issues, including internal and external sales, capitation and Medicare/Stark challenges.