Workplace Wellness Initiatives at TBG
The new year is often a time to focus on health and wellness goals. As the world continues to recover from the effects of the Pandemic alongside the fast-approaching traditional busy season for many accountants, workplace wellness is especially important.
According to the CDC Workplace Health Resource Center, workplace wellbeing is the ability of individuals to address normal stresses, work productively, and realize one’s highest potential. Research shows that employees in good health are more likely to have a better quality of life as well as increased productivity and a greater likelihood of contributing to their communities.
At The Bonadio Group (TBG), we believe an investment in our employees is an investment in our future. We are proud to offer competitive benefit packages and a suite of wellness initiatives and perks that contribute to our People’s wellbeing and the strength of our company culture.
Year-Round Wellness Initiatives
Aside from our traditional benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, pet insurance, and 401k with Profit Sharing Contribution, we also offer several workplace wellness related perks led by our Wellness Committee, which consists of an active group that meets throughout the year to plan activities; subcommittees that organize programs; and incorporating wellness into our culture through communication.
Benefits Manager, and head of the Wellness Committee, Kaitlyn Payne, is committed to providing physical, mental and nutritional wellness offerings firm wide. Kaitlyn shared that some of the benefits of having workplace wellness programs/a committee include improved employee health, improved employee engagement, increased morale, reduced stress levels, and more teamwork.
She continued, “the key to keeping our People engaged in these initiatives is having variety in programming. Our initiatives include many levels of programs, including those that are individual, team-based, and firm-wide.”
Some of our 2022 wellness initiatives included:
- Firm-Wide Wellness Challenge
- Participating employees took a class a day through our firm provided workout app Wellbeats. Employees could choose any type of fitness or wellbeing training including meditation, yoga, strength training, cardio, dance, etc.
- Firm-Wide Blue Light Glasses Event
- Employees across our major offices who were interested in the blue light glasses were able to speak with a representative from our vendor, Phonetic Eyewear, and test out different glasses options, both prescription and non-prescription lenses, and purchase all in the same day.
- The Blue4U program allows employees to have a confidential health screening done through our vendor, Integrated Health 21. This screening provides employees with potential areas of concern as well as areas where they could make lifestyle changes. Participating employees get $300 into the HSA/ $600 if employee and spouse/domestic partner participate.
- Flu Shot Clinics
“It’s so great to see our People get creative and come together to focus on health and wellness.” said Kaitlyn. “We are looking forward to our upcoming wellness initiatives for 2023!”
Traditional Busy Season Initiatives
Throughout the months of January through April, accountants typically experience longer hours and increased deadlines, and client demands. To combat the stress during this time, we also offer several winter busy season specific initiatives led by both the Wellness Committee and individual offices/departments.
The below are some of the annual activities:
- Weekly happy hours
- Healthy snacks provided by the Wellness Committee
- Breakfast & lunch catered on Saturdays
- March Madness brackets
- Chair massages
- Therapy dogs
- Team bonding events
“Our accountants work very hard throughout the year, especially during busy season, so we want to provide as many resources as possible to alleviate stress and encourage wellbeing during this time,” said Kaitlyn.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits and perks
of working at TBG, don’t hesitate to reach out. And to learn more about a career at TBG, check out our careers page or our open positions page today!