The Firm Kicks Off the New Year with Significant Expansion of Executive Leadership Team
Rochester, N.Y. (January 17, 2024) – The Bonadio Group, a nationally ranked Top 50 CPA firm, has announced the partner promotions of 11 leaders across the firm’s Rochester, Capital, Western New York, and Central New York regions, which became effective January 1, 2024. The appointments support the firm’s continued growth and its goals to enhance the client and employee experience, foster professional development opportunities, and expand service offerings.
“Following significant expansion and enhancements to our service approach in 2023, it was imperative that we grow The Bonadio Group’s partnership with the right people in 2024,” said Bruce Zicari, managing partner and CEO, The Bonadio Group. “The distinguished individuals who were appointed partners this year have demonstrated exemplary leadership skills and commitment to our firm, and we are confident they will continue to guide our people with purpose and passion as we enter this next chapter.”
Recently promoted leaders by region include:
- Mallory Conway, Executive Vice President, Advisory & Consulting: Mallory formerly served as a director within the firm’s Advisory & Consulting Division. She has over 15 years of experience in providing financial institutions with internal audit and regulatory compliance services. She is a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM).
Central New York
- Jay Jerose, Partner, Advisory & Consulting: Jay joined The Bonadio Group in 2015 as a senior accountant and most recently served as a principal in the Syracuse office. He specializes in an extensive variety of business consulting services, aimed at improving operations and aiding decision making. He has specific focuses in manufacturing, distribution, technology, service providers, cannabis, and construction/real estate industries.
- Tim Hammond, Partner, Assurance: Tim oversees audits and other attest services for organizations primarily in the healthcare and human services industries, and also specializes in tax compliance for all types of tax-exempt entities. With over 14 years of experience, Tim joined The Bonadio Group in 2016 as a manager and most recently served as a principal. He is also a Fellow of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (FHFMA).
- Heidi Bresler, Partner, Assurance: Heidi has been with the firm for over 17 years, most recently serving as a principal in the Excellence & Quality Division. She has extensive experience in governmental and not-for-profit accounting and auditing, Government Auditing Standards, and Single Audits.
- Michael Vollmer, Partner, Assurance: Michael specializes in audits and tax reporting of tax-exempt organizations, and most recently served as a principal for The Bonadio Group’s Assurance Division. He has over 18 years of experience in accounting, internal control review, and cost reporting and allocation procedures.
- Terry Burns, Partner, Assurance: Formerly a principal in the firm’s Assurance practice, Terry specializes in overall coordination and management of financial statement audits and other attest services. His clientele includes large to middle-market businesses in manufacturing, distribution, food & beverage, and more.
- Matt Jensen, Partner, Advisory & Consulting: Matt has over 15 years of audit and assurance experience across various industries. He joined the Bonadio Group in 2021 as a director in the firm’s Strategic Advisory Division and specializes in providing advisory support to clients on technical accounting matters, accounting standards implementations and internal controls.
- Chelsea Murray, Executive Vice President, Advisory & Consulting: With more than 14 years of expertise, Chelsea most recently served as an Advisory & Consulting director focusing on clients in the healthcare sector. Chelsea is considered an expert in healthcare reimbursement and regulatory matters and is knowledgeable in all facets of healthcare delivery systems. She is a Certified Healthcare Financial Professional (CHFP).
- Theresa Raponi, Partner, Tax: A 10-year veteran of the firm, Theresa most recently served as a principal of the Financial Services team. Her expertise includes corporate tax compliance, tax provisions, mergers, acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, and state and local taxation.
Western New York
- Scott Donnelly, Partner, Assurance: Scott most recently served as a principal in the Firm’s Assurance practice and is responsible for oversight of financial statement audits and other attest services. His areas of industry specialization include real estate development companies, construction, and service providers. Additionally, Scott has extensive employee benefit plan experience, working with both SEC registered and privately held company plans.
- Joe Wutz, Partner, Tax: Joe has over 15 years of experience in public accounting, all with Bonadio, and provides tax compliance and tax consulting services to businesses and individuals, with a specific focus on the construction & real estate industries. He is also a subject matter expert on the Qualified Opportunity Zones tax incentive, and regularly contributes to the firm’s internal education curriculum on taxation.
The significant expansion of the firm’s executive leadership team is indicative of its considerable growth in the past year, including the notable broadening of its Dallas footprint. Following the October 2023 joining of The Bonadio Group and Dallas-based Howard, LLP, The Bonadio Group welcomed 85 of the firm’s existing employees and appointed seven new partners. These Dallas-based partners included Leisha Gardner, Sarah Hancock, Paul Knutson, Gary Kroll, Holly Watkins, Josh Whitworth, and the new Dallas Regional Managing Partner, Tim Pike.
Further demonstrating its position as a leader in the industry, the firm was recognized in 2023 as a Best CPA Firm for Women and Equity Leadership by the Accounting MOVE Project, A Fortune Best Workplace in Consulting & Professional Services, a Top 100 Firm by both Inside Public Accounting and Accounting Today and a regional top workplace across New York State.
About The Bonadio Group
Founded in 1978, The Bonadio Group is a nationally ranked Top 50 CPA firm offering accounting, tax, and consulting services to clients of all sizes. The Firm’s professionals deliver practical, proactive, and innovative solutions to help clients reach their financial, compliance, management, and personal goals. The Bonadio Group is the largest independent provider of accounting, tax, and consulting services in upstate New York—with offices in Albany, Batavia, Buffalo, East Aurora, Rochester, Syracuse, and Utica. The Bonadio Group also has offices in New York City, Rutland, Vt., and Dallas. For more information, visit www.bonadio.com.