TBG is committed to quality and demonstrates this commitment every day through the efforts of our Professional Excellence Division, who work to mitigate risk and provide services of the highest quality.
Below are the top five ways TBG consistently demonstrates its dedication to quality and brings the #ToBeGreater philosophy to the assurance practice.
- Team Devoted to Quality – TBG has an entire team focused on quality and risk management known as our Professional Excellence Division. This group of professionals leads many internal firm processes such as independence, quality control procedures, client acceptance, and education for assurance and accounting standards.
- Quality Control Process for Financial Statement Reviews – In addition to the review by the engagement team, all financial statements are reviewed and approved by a second Partner, Principal or Manager with industry expertise. This allows for a professional outside of the engagement team with “fresh eyes” to review the financial statements (and/or supporting documentation) before finalization. The Quality Control Process includes all assurance services, such as audit, review, compilation, preparation of financial statements, examination, and agreed-upon procedures.
- Internal Committees – TBG has several internal committees which encourage the sharing of knowledge and experience to best serve our clients. Some of these committees include Employee Benefit Plans, Single Audit, Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and Lease Committees for implementation of FASB ASC 842 and GASB 87.
- Internal Inspections and Peer Review – TBG has a rolling internal inspection process in which our Partners, Principals, and Managers review engagements throughout the year. The results of these reviews are then shared and discussed across the Firm. Every third year, TBG undergoes a peer review process performed by an independent external CPA Firm.
- Quality Centers and External Committees – TBG is a member of the AICPA’s Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC) and Employee Benefit Plan Quality Center (EBPQC). Additionally, many of TBG’s Partners and Principals are members of external AICPA and NYSCCPA Committees that focus on industries such as Peer Review, Construction, Small Business, Higher Education, Commercial, Not-for-Profit, Fraud & Forensics, Government and more! Being part of these Quality Centers and Committees allows TBG to obtain the most up-to-date industry events and standards and communicate them to our clients.
If you have any questions or are interested in learning more about this topic, we’re here to help. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our trusted experts today.
This material has been prepared for general, informational purposes only and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. Should you require any such advice, please contact us directly. The information contained herein does not create, and your review or use of the information does not constitute, an accountant-client relationship.