Estate Planning Webinar – What you need to know
10:00 – 11:00 A.M. EST
National Estate Planning Awareness Week is October 16-22! Estate planning is an often overlooked element of financial wellness. A comprehensive estate plan is an integral part of your overall financial plan. It is estimated that over half of Americans – 56% – do not have an up-to-date estate plan! National Estate Planning Awareness Week was established by Congress and the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils in 2008 to help the public understand what estate planning is and why it is such a vital component of financial wellness for everyone, no matter how much wealth they have. There are tax and non-tax reasons for having a comprehensive estate plan. Learn what you need to know:
- What is estate planning (hint – it’s more than just a will)
- The current estate tax laws and how it all works
- Considerations for getting your plan in order for “today”
- Ways to structure things to avoid NY estate tax for certain estates
- Gifting strategies and considerations, especially in light of the high federal estate/gift exclusion that goes away 12/31/25. Lock that in before it’s gone if you have a large estate!
- Additional considerations if you own a business.
Questions will be encouraged during the presentation via the chat feature.