Jonathan Miller CPA - Partner
Jonathan is partner in The Bonadio Group’s Healthcare/Tax-Exempt division. Jon joined Bonadio after receiving his BS degree in Accounting from the State University of New York at Geneseo in 2002 and has focused his entire career in the Healthcare/Tax-Exempt industry. In Jon’s 14 year career, he has provided a variety of services to Healthcare/Tax-Exempt clients including financial statement analysis, development of opportunities for operational improvements, and guidance to his clients’ Chief Executive Officers, Chief Financial Officers, and Boards of Directors with respect to compliance with nonprofit policies and regulations. Jonathan also actively participates in Bonadio’s supervision and mentoring program, providing guidance to five manager-level individuals assisting in their career advancement.
As a partner, Jonathan’s primary role is to oversee and take responsibility for financial statement audits of Healthcare/Tax-Exempt clients. However, he has expanded his responsibilities to include a wide variety of consulting engagements including financial due diligence and forecasting related to a Health Systems acquisition of a $40 million physician practice; project management and advisory services with respect to an affiliation of two $20 million long-term care facilities, and development of business plans in response to government and private funder requests; using Microsoft Visio to document internal controls over an employee benefit process for an Ivy League institution; and providing guidance with respect to Healthcare/Tax-Exempt organizations by-laws in reaction to the New York State Nonprofit Revitalization Act of 2013.
Jonathan is an active member of the Rochester Regional Chapter of the Healthcare Financial Management Association. Jonathan serves as the Chapter’s Education Co-Chair and Secretary; and on the Education and Membership Committee. Through Jonathan’s leadership position within the Chapter, he has assisted in developing a strategic vision to ensure long-term success for the future, developed education events to bring key information and networking opportunities for current Chapter members, and made multiple contacts within the New York State healthcare finance community.
Jonathan is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA). He serves as the Treasurer of the Flower City Habitat for Humanity Finance Committee and is a member of the Board of Directors.
The following information is a partial summary Jonathan’s background and accomplishments.
Education and Certifications
• State University at Geneseo, B.S. Accounting 2002 (Dean’s List)
• State University of Technology at Alfred, AAS (Dean’s List)
• Certified Public Accountant – New York State
Expertise and Specialty Areas
• Financial statement analysis
• Effective Board governance policies/procedures
• Financial Project Management
• Financial system and internal control process improvement
• Operational effectiveness and process improvement
• Strategic planning
• Merger and affiliation strategies and facilitation
• Forecasts and projections
• Healthcare Financial Management Association, Rochester Regional Chapter – Officer and Secretary, 2014 – Present
• Flower City Habitat for Humanity – Finance Committee, 2009 – Present, Board of Directors, 2016 - Present
• Boys and Girls Club of Rochester – Annual Gala Committee Member, 2014
• AICPA –2008 – Present
Awards and Recognitions
• Alfred State College Senior Accounting Student of the Year, 1999
• Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society
• Rochester Business Journal 40 Under Forty, 2016